Rotating alternate layer and report generation issue

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Hi,

For some pallet patterns, such as diagonal or p-pattern (the one with a case in the middle), I normally specify the next layer to flip 180 degree instead of a 90 degree rotation. This feature have already been coded with b-pattern (block pattern) in the app but can it be extend to handle all other pattern ?

Also, since version 17 onward, I have not been able to generate report for box/case analysis, but still have been able to generate report for ECT and pallet analysis, had this been reported by anyone else.

I'm using Win 7 Pro SP1 with the latest updates for both windows and Java.

Please let me know

Many thanks

Luan
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Hello,

I will check that patterns allow 180 rotation.
Can you send your file containing box/case analysis so that I check if something make the report generation fail? (Use e-mail available in about box.)
Are you using version 1.0.25.0?
Regards,
Jul 23, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Hi,

The issue was found to be the Intex plugin. I use the apps build in uninstaller and repair the install, without the plugin and use version 1.0.25.0 and all the reporting work again.

About the rotation, what I meant was that instead of rotate, I use mirroring or flipping by 180 degree to achieve interlocking between the layers, particularly for pattern that is not square.

I will email the details when I can find the about box.

Thanks

Luan
Jul 23, 2014 at 2:34 AM
Hi,

Can't find your email, so here is some jpg of the Visio pages that I use to draw up the pattern.

The pallet on the right should be mirrored by the one on the left, creating the interlocking between each layer when they finally stacked.

For some pattern such as the d-pattern, p-pattern and b-pattern this is the easiest method of achieving interlocking.

I'm not a coder so not sure if this method can be coded into the applications, but I am willing to help if you have any query on methodology or calculation method.

Regards

Luan
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Hello Luan,
  1. For my e-mail: in StackBuilder go to menu Help>About StackBuilder...
    You should see: treedim_at_gmail_dot_com (Replace at by @ and dot by .)
  2. Do you have a link that explains the pattern names you are using such as b-pattern or d-pattern?
  3. I can not see jpg and visio page you are referring in your previous post.
Regards,
François